Feast-day of Madonna del Carmine
Church of S.Maria del Carmine - dominates the area which was the theatre of revolution of Masaniello (1647).
It was already present in 12th century, but in 1283-1306 the pre-existent small church was reconstructed, enlarged and magnified with the picture of a Madonna called "la Bruna".
On the right of the facade we can admire the rafined bell tower with the remarkable spire of Fra' Nuvolo, made with majolic tiles (first half of 17th century).
Every year, the 15th of July, in the recurrence of Madonna del Carmine, a spectacular "fire" of bell tower is organized with fire-works.